The participants will get to explore the amphibians (during the night trail) and other micro life from the western ghats. During monsoon this place will be thriving with subjects suitable for macro photography and one gets to make many memorable frames. The participants will also get a hold of basic post processing, which gives the finishing touches to your work.
- A 2 Nights/3 Days photography tour to one of the amazing biological hotpsot of the world, the Western Ghats.
- Learn about a variety of amphibians, snakes & other macro life and opportunity to make wonderful images of them.
- With our years of location scouting experience, we take you to the right place at the right time to help you make wonderful images.
- On demand photography guidance at any point during the tour.
- Interact with other like-minded people during the tour and learn from each other.
23rd August 2019, 12pm starts
And ends at 11pm, 25th August 2019
Day 1: Arrival and getting ready for night trail
You reach the property by lunch time from your place and meet us at the reception. We check into our rooms, relax for a while and treat ourselves with authentic local cuisine lunch. Post lunch, we gather together for a tour briefing and getting to know each other.
A couple of hours at leisure, a quick presentation on macro photography and then we set out to see the beautiful coffee estate, a private waterfall and the picturesque location where we will spend our time over the next two days. On this trail, we will try to find as many interesting macro subjects as possible. We come back in the evening for coffee/ tea and snacks.
Post dinner, we set out on our first night-walk to find the frogs, reptiles and other interesting subjects to shoot. Post this session, we retire at our rooms to have a sound sleep amidst the croaking sound of frogs.
Day 2: Full day/ night trail & shoot
We wake up early to set out on a nature trail in the beautiful coffee estates. We will be coming across a variety of macro subjects all day long and the mentor will be there available showing the beauties of western ghats and also helping the participants to shoot them better. Breakfast, lunch and other breaks will be taken care at the appropriate timings in between the full day shoot.
Evening we all meet to see the work of everyone that was captured during the day. Feedback and review session with the tour mentor and few tips on post processing will be discussed.
Post dinner, we set out on our second night-walk to possibly make some wonderful frames of the endemic amphibian and reptile life.
Day 3: Morning trail and journey back to home destination
One more round of morning trail with the mentor, make some more memorable frames and then relax with the breakfast. Post breakfast, mentor gives tips on post processing and an image review session will go on. After an hour break, we check out and set out on our journey back home.
Cost & Terms
For Individuals – 13500 INR per head
For Couples – 13000 INR per head
For Pixellin regulars – 12500 INR per head
All Prices ex-Coorg, Per person on twin share accommodation.
- Accommodation (Twin Sharing)
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner), coffee/ tea
- Forest entry/ other applicable fees if any
- Photography services from mentor
- Notepad/ pen for taking notes
What's not included?
- Travel between your home destination and Coorg.
- Mineral water , soft drinks and alcoholic beverages.
- Any extra meals and other personal expenses, phone calls.
- Tips and gratuities.
- And anything that is not there in the included list is considered as excluded.
Before 7 days of the tour date – 50% of tour cost will be refunded.
With in 7 days of tour date – 20% of tour cost will be refunded.
Vipin Baliga, nature lover with a special interest in Insects, Spiders, Amphibians and Reptiles. Currently during weekends working for “Wildlife Conservation Group (WCG)”, a NGO based in Bangalore which is actively executing independent conservation programs, assisting the Forest Department in their activities and conducting nature awareness programs for kids in the forest fringes.
Know more and view his work @ Facebook
Advantages of Pixellin Workshops & Tours
We believe in providing a delightful learning experience. Our workshops are carefully designed to make learning fun but very effective.
- Personal Attention - Every participant gets maximum personal atention during the workshop.
- Your Expectations - Your pre-workshop expections will be exceeded over and above.
- Hands On - Our theroy class will be backed with best of hands on practicals/ exercises. You get to work on your own images.
- Value for Money - Our workshops are the most affordable and we make it worth every penny that you spend.
- Take Away - You go back from the workshop with some Pixellin goodies and a treasure of knowledge.