About Ranganthittu Bird Sanctuary
Ranganthittu Bird Sanctuary also known as Pakshi Kashi of Karnataka is a Bird Sanctuary in the Mandya District of the state of Karnataka. It is the largest bird sanctuary in the state, which is about 40 acres and comprises six islets on the banks of the Cauvery river.
Roughly around 170 birds have been recorded here in great numbers over the years. Of these, birds like Painted Stork, Asian Openbill Stork, Common Spoonbill, Woolly-necked Stork, Black-headed Ibis, Lesser Whistling Duck, Indian Shag, Stork-billed Kingfisher and other common birds like egrets, cormorants, Oriental Darter and herons breed here regularly. The Great Stone Plover, and River Tern also nest here. The park is home to a large flock of Streak-throated Swallows. During the months of January and February, more than 30 species of birds are found and the season of the sanctuary is from November to June.
Who should attend?
Photographers from beginners to experts, bird watchers can attend.
For beginners/ serious hobbyists in photography there are ample opportunities to learn bird photography from the tour companion. Spend enough on the field time learning the tips and tricks of the trade and also have tips on post processing. A tour companion (photography expert) will accompany you through out the length of the tour.
For experts in photography and bird watchers who don’t need much of assistance in terms of photography learning can spend their entire time with birds on their own. A tour guide(with birding knowledge) will accompany you through out the length of the tour.
Sunday, January 22nd 2017
- 08:30 AM : Tea/ Coffee (at Ranganthittu)
- 09:00 AM : Trip briefing
- 09:30 AM : Morning Boat Safari
- 10:30 AM : Tea/ Coffee
- 11:00 AM : Bird photography (near by places)
- 1:00 PM : Lunch
- 2:00 PM : Bird photography tips and techniques and image review/ post processing tips session
- 4:00 PM : Evening Boat Safari
- 5:30 PM : Tea/ Coffee
- 6:00 PM : Trip ends and proceed to Bangalore
Poorna Kedar, nature lover and a semi-professional wildlife photographer.
Though he is a full-time User experience designer, photography is something that is very close to his heart. He spent about a decade in various genres of photography, spending the recent few years in nature & wildlife alone. His favorite subject being birds, he loves shooting anything from mammals, macro, and landscape.
The workshop is on Sunday, 12th March, 2017.
8:30 AM to 6:00 PM with appropriate breaks
Ranganthittu Bird Sanctuary
Cost per participant is 3750/-
For existing Pixellin customers:
Have you been a Pixellin customer? Used our rental service or attended our previous tours or workshops? If yes,
Special Price : 3500/-
For Walk-in participants:
Anyone who is not registered for the event and directly appear at the venue,
Cost: 4500/- (subject to availability. We encourage you to call up and check the availability before coming)
The price mentioned is ex-Ranganthittu
Tea/ snacks provided at the appropriate breaks
Notepad/ pen for taking notes
Anything that is not there in the included list is considered as excluded.
Advantages of Pixellin Workshops & Tours
We believe in providing a delightful learning experience. Our workshops are carefully designed to make learning fun but very effective.
- Personal Attention - Every participant gets maximum personal atention during the workshop.
- Your Expectations - Your pre-workshop expections will be exceeded over and above.
- Hands On - Our theroy class will be backed with best of hands on practicals/ exercises. You get to work on your own images.
- Value for Money - Our workshops are the most affordable and we make it worth every penny that you spend.
- Take Away - You go back from the workshop with some Pixellin goodies and a treasure of knowledge.