Valparai is a mid-elevation hill station. The tea plantations are surrounded by evergreen forest. The region is also a rich elephant tract and is known to have many leopards. The drive to the town through the Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary is noted for elephants, boars, lion-tailed macaques, gaur, spotted deer, sambar, and giant squirrels. The area is also rich in birds, including the great hornbill. The Valparai range is also habitat to the Nilgiri Tahr, an endemic wild ungulate.
- A 2 Nights/3 Days photography tour to one of the fascinating evergreen forests of India.
- Learn about the endemic species of western ghats and opportunity to make wonderful images of them.
- Make images of Lion-tailed Macaque, Nilgiri Tahr, Nilgiri Langur, Great Hornbills, Indian Gaur and a lot more.
- With our years of location scouting experience, we take you to the right place at the right time to help you make wonderful images.
- On demand photography guidance at any point during the tour.
- Interact with other like-minded people during the tour and learn from each other
17th May 2019, 12pm starts
And ends at 11pm, 19th May 2019
Day 1: Arrive at Valparai and getting ready
After a beautiful drive from Coimbatore, we reach our place of stay by lunch time. We check into our rooms, relax for a while and treat ourselves with authentic local cuisine lunch. Post lunch, we gather together for a tour briefing and getting to know each other.
Our first drive towards the Lion-tailed Macaques begins and we hope to find some families who could possibly give us some memorable frames. The area is rich in bird life and we will spend the time with the birds and Lion-tailed macaques.
We come back to our rooms by evening, refresh ourselves with a cup of tea/ coffee and start reviewing the images taken during the day. Rest of the evening goes in some nice discussions and listening to a presentation about wildlife photography by the tour mentors.
Day 2: Full day birding/ wildlife photography
We wake up early to set out on a drive into the beautiful evergreen forest. To begin the day, we would try to capture some nice landscapes just when the golden light appears. We will be coming across a variety of subjects all day long and the mentor will be there available showing the beauties of western ghats and also helping the participants to shoot them better. Breakfast, lunch and other breaks will be taken care at the appropriate timings in between the full day shoot. Lion-tailed Macque, Nilgiri Langur, Nilgiri Tahr, Indian Gaur and possibly some Elephants. We hope to catch the glimpse of Great Horn Bills during the course of the day.
Evening we all meet to see the work of everyone that was captured during the day. Feedback and review session with the tour mentor.
Post dinner, for those who would like to explore some macro life around the property could set out on a short night trail.
Day 3: Morning trail and journey back home
One more round of morning drive into the forest patch, make some more memorable frames and then come back to relax. Post breakfast, mentor gives tips on post processing and an image review session will go on. After an hour break, we check out and set out on our journey back to Coimbatore.
Cost & Terms
For Individuals – 16000 INR per head
For Couples – 15000 INR per head
For Pixellin regulars – 14500 INR per head
All Prices are ex-Valparai, Per person on twin share accommodation.
- Accommodation (Twin sharing).
- Breakfast/ Lunch/ Dinner.
- Tea/ snacks provided at the appropriate breaks.
- All required park/ camera fees.
- Notepad/ pen for taking notes.
- Photography services during the tour.
- Guide charges during the tour.
What's not included?
- Travel between your home destination and Valparai.
- Mineral water , soft drinks and alcoholic beverages.
- Any extra meals and other personal expenses, phone calls.
- Tips and gratuities.
- And anything that is not there in the included list is considered as excluded.
Before 7 days of the tour date – 50% of tour cost will be refunded.
With in 7 days of tour date – 20% of tour cost will be refunded.
Poorna Kedar, nature lover and a professional wildlife photographer. He spent about a decade in various genres of photography, majority of those years in nature & wildlife alone. His favorite subject being birds, he loves shooting anything from mammals, macro, and landscape.
Know more and view his work @
Personal Website | Facebook
Advantages of Pixellin Workshops & Tours
We believe in providing a delightful learning experience. Our workshops are carefully designed to make learning fun but very effective.
- Personal Attention - Every participant gets maximum personal atention during the workshop.
- Your Expectations - Your pre-workshop expections will be exceeded over and above.
- Hands On - Our theroy class will be backed with best of hands on practicals/ exercises. You get to work on your own images.
- Value for Money - Our workshops are the most affordable and we make it worth every penny that you spend.
- Take Away - You go back from the workshop with some Pixellin goodies and a treasure of knowledge.