Ranganthittu Bird Sanctuary is the largest bird sanctuary in the state, which is about 40 acres and comprises six islets on the banks of the Cauvery river.
Roughly around 170 birds have been recorded here in great numbers over the years. Of these, birds like Painted Stork, Asian Openbill Stork, Common Spoonbill, Woolly-necked Stork, Black-headed Ibis, Lesser Whistling Duck, Indian Shag, Stork-billed Kingfisher and other common birds like egrets, cormorants, Oriental Darter and herons breed here regularly. The Great Stone Plover, and River Tern also nest here. The park is home to a large flock of Streak-throated Swallows. During the months of January and February, more than 30 species of birds are found and the season of the sanctuary is from November to June.
- A day trip to one of the amazing bird sanctuaries on the banks of a river.
- Learn about a variety of birds found in that habitat and use the opportunity to make wonderful images of them.
- With our years of location scouting experience, we take you to the right place at the right time to help you make wonderful images.
- On demand photography guidance at any point during the tour.
- Interact with other like-minded people during the tour and learn from each other.
24th November 2019, 8:30 am starts and ends at 6:00 pm
- The group reaches Ranganthittu bird sanctuary and meets the tour leader.
- Introductions and trip briefing.
- The group heads for their first special boat safari for the day.
- After the boat safari, the group meets for a tea break.
- Image review and a discussion about bird photography and best shooting techniques.
- Birding inside Ranganthittu campus.
- Lunch and rest for sometime.
- The group then leaves for their second special boat safari of the day. Evenings are known to produce some of the best golden light/ backlight photos.
- After the safari, the group meets and discusses the images over a tea.
- Trip ends and participants head back to their destinations.
Cost & Terms
For Individuals – 3500/- INR per head
For Couples – 3250/- INR per head
For Pixellin regulars – 3000/- INR per head
All Prices ex-Ranganthittu, Per person.
- Lunch, coffee/ tea breaks
- Boating safari fees
- Forest entry/ other applicable fees if any
- Photography services from mentor
- Notepad/ pen for taking notes
What's not included?
- Travel between your home destination and Ranganthittu (But we help in organizing car pooling).
- Camera fees (if you carry 400mm and above, a camera fees of 500/- is applicable per safari and should be paid to the forest department at the venue)
- Mineral water , soft drinks and alcoholic beverages.
- Any extra meals and other personal expenses.
- Tips and gratuities.
- And anything that is not there in the included list is considered as excluded.
Before 7 days of the tour date – 50% of tour cost will be refunded.
With in 7 days of tour date – 20% of tour cost will be refunded.
Poorna Kedar, nature lover and a professional wildlife photographer. He spent about a decade in various genres of photography, majority of those years in nature & wildlife alone. His favorite subject being birds, he loves shooting anything from mammals, macro, and landscape.
Advantages of Pixellin Workshops & Tours
We believe in providing a delightful learning experience. Our workshops are carefully designed to make learning fun but very effective.
- Personal Attention - Every participant gets maximum personal atention during the workshop.
- Your Expectations - Your pre-workshop expections will be exceeded over and above.
- Hands On - Our theroy class will be backed with best of hands on practicals/ exercises. You get to work on your own images.
- Value for Money - Our workshops are the most affordable and we make it worth every penny that you spend.
- Take Away - You go back from the workshop with some Pixellin goodies and a treasure of knowledge.